Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Let's Begin!






Hello everyone! I’m very excited to finally open up the online journal and say welcome to all of the wonderfully creative people who are process junkies like me.
One of the things I love about looking at another artists’ work is trying to figure out their process. What’s even better is when that same artist gives you insight into what that process actually is which is why I’m opening up a forum such as this to post the sketches and notes that go into every image I come up with in the hopes that through my thoughts and my work it will take your art to the next level in the same way other artists have done for me.

For example here is a work in progress that will be going into my newest book, Leather Wings Semblance. It’s a bit of a departure from my usual subject matter in that the focus of the image is on the character of the landscape rather than the figures. It was a bit of a challenge in making inanimate objects like buildings seem alive and vibrant but of course the fun is in the challenge. So this blog will also serve as a record of my attempts at growing and progressing as an illustrator where your feedback will be taken in and put to use in upcoming images and books. Thanks for taking interest in my work and I will take the time to make this place a resource that you can tap into for inspiration.

Take care and stay creative!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lamin, the new website is looking good. I'm looking forward to seeing your new landscape work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! There's going to be plenty more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete