Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spill The Wine

The line art for "Spill The Wine", found in the pages of Apocrypha, is one of those images that's near and dear to my heart. If you're like me and you're the kind of artist who loves creating demonic characters who wear large heavy pieces of amour around the chest and shoulders, surrounded by large masses of wool with giant blood-rusted blades strapped to their arms, then you can imagine that I had a ton of fun with this image!
One of the challenges I faced in digitally painting this character was realizing that in order to create more depth in the background I had to remove the wings that I originally drew in the line art. This created some much needed negative space that I then used to display more of the demon dog. As a result of those design choices I think it makes for a much stronger piece.


Lamin



No comments:

Post a Comment